AdventHealth Orlando was named a 2022-2023 Best Hospital by the magazine U.S. News & World Report. The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the Orlando metro area for the 12th year in a row. In addition, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 in the nation for six medical specialties: cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and GI surgery; neurology and neurosurgery; obstetrics and gynecology; and orthopedics.
AdventHealth is looking for physicians interested in acute leukemia, stem cell transplant and cellular therapies to join our growing program based in Orlando, Florida! Key features of our program include:
- Well established program that has continuously maintained FACT-accreditation for more than 10 years
- FDA-registered, FACT and CAP-accredited cellular therapy lab, with plans to acquire GMP capability in 2023.
- Performed more than 1500 transplants so far, including autologous and allogeneic
- Performed approximately 150 transplants in 2021
- Our outcomes have continuously met or exceeded the national average over the last 10 years.
- New, state-of-the-art in-patient (32-bed ICU-compatible rooms) as well as out-patient facilities
- Active participation in cooperative group as well as industry-sponsored trials with dedicated clinical research staff support
- All physicians supported with adequately staffed team including 12 APPs (APRNs and PAs), 6 coordinators, 3 clinical pharmacists and administrative assistance.
- 4 experienced hematopathologists with in-house molecular testing including NGS
- Accepting H1B visa applicants
Translational and basic science research opportunity This opportunity includes the benefits of work life balance, call coverage and competitive compensation. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, paid leave days, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance for physician and family, signing bonus and relocation allowance.
Requirements for the position include:
- Board certification in Hematology and/or Medical Oncology
- Physician applicant must be trained and experienced in allogeneic stem cell transplants.
This opportunity includes the benefits of work life balance, call coverage and competitive compensation. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, paid leave days, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance for physician and family, signing bonus and relocation allowance. This practice is part of AdventHealth Medical Group. (website) The Medical Group is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 900+ physicians in 60+ specialties. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a 255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
AdventHealth Cancer Institute:
AdventhHealth Cancer Institute is considered the largest program in the state of Florida with seven dedicated locations. It is also one of the nation’s top-ranked cancer hospitals — a team of more than 200 world-class oncology specialists with heart, relentless spirit, and a proven record of helping patients beat or manage cancer through groundbreaking research, innovative treatments, and whole-person care. The team cares for approximately 8,000 to 10,000 patients annually. By joining with the experts at Moffitt Cancer Center, we’ll dive deeper than ever before, ask bigger questions and do even more meaningful research to help find the answers our patients deserve.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Osceola County Florida